Do you find the default settings of your WhatsApp a bit boring? Do you want to personalize and customize your WhatsApp? If your answer to this question is yes, then you’ve come to the right page. YoWhatsApp (YoWA) is a mod that lets you customize the app according to your preferences. But before we get into more details about the mod, you might want to check other WhatsApp mods at SoftGOZA.
Now let’s get started with our discussion on YoWA. With this mod, you are able to personalize your conversations, customize a unique chat background for each of your contacts, and change the font sizes. You also get various emoticons, send full-sized photos and videos, and even send up as much as 700 images all in one go. This mod also lets you hide the names of your contacts.
YoWA was developed and launched by Yousef Al-Basha. The mod enthusiast added more features to his mod in order to make YoWA stand out from the other WhatsApp mods out there.
The latest version of the YoWA APK is a simple modification of the original WhatsApp APK. Thus, YoWA is the ultimate version of WhatsApp because it is packed with so many amazing features.
YoWA is similar to the official version of WhatsApp except for the additional aesthetics. Installing this mod will still let you do the things you can do on WhatsApp, such as making calls, send written messages, voice messages, images, videos, and others.
YoWA APK Download
|Requirement||Android 4.0.3 and higher|
|Last Updated||January 21, 2021|
Is YoWA safe?
Some users have become concerned about the safety of using any WhatsApp mods. Users of YoWA were previously concerned because of some issues. It took quite some time for the mod to update, which was why many users encountered bugs and crashes. But with the recent update, the mod became free of bugs and glitches. Users no longer experienced any issues with performance.
Download and installation of the mod are entirely safe and secure, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally getting malware or adware on your device.
With developers and enthusiasts sharing their work with other users, mods have grown in popularity. Because of this, everyone wants to have a mod of an app over using the original and official version. These developers have come up with various modifications of the official apps, integrating new features that are lacking from the original one. YoWA, GB WhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, FM WhatsApp, and OGWhatsApp are just a few among the long list of WhatsApp mods out there.
WhatsApp has become a popular messaging service because of its simplicity and reliability. You’d probably find it installed on a typical mobile device. With that said, WhatsApp has already become too common. On top of that, the app has limited customization options.
So why not infuse some excitement on this ever-reliable app? Doesn’t it sound just perfect? That is why users like to use mods like YoWA. Aside from the customization options, YoWA offers so much more to users, and we’ve listed them down below:
With everything almost online nowadays, privacy has now become a big issue among users. Some WhatsApp users don’t find the app secure enough because others could easily sneak into their information online if equipped with the right tools. This lack of security inspired Yousef Al-Basha to integrate added privacy features in YoWA. Users of this mod felt safer after installing it.
- Who Can Call Me? As the name suggests, you can block the incoming calls from anyone that you don’t want to reach out to you. You can do this by going to that contact’s profile and turn on the feature. When the blocked contact makes a call to you, the call automatically drops. We suggest using this feature with caution because that call might be urgent or is an emergency.
- Freeze Last Seen. With the freeze last seen feature, you can use WhatsApp without having to worry about replying immediately or leaving people on seen. This feature hides your last seen message on the other end.
- Show Blue Ticks After Reply. Unlike in the official version, you and your contact could see the blue ticks when you view their message. With this feature, the blue ticks only appear when you reply. This feature is useful for people who are busy and could not respond immediately.
- Anti-Delete Messages. In the original version of the messaging app, when someone deletes a message from the conversation for everyone, you can no longer read it. However, with this YoWA feature, you can still read messages deleted by the person on the other end. No one can hide anything from you now!
- Anti-Delete Status. This feature lets you see the stories and watch video statuses of your friends who have already deleted these from their profile. Make use of this feature so that you’re never too late to see what’s going on.
- Hide View Status. This feature hides your name from the status view list of the other person, technically making you invisible. You can still see your contacts’ status, but they can’t see your status.
Some WhatsApp users have shared that the plain theme and lack of customization options of the original app have made it quite dull. So if you’re interested in customizing the look of the messaging app, you’ll enjoy exploring the customization options in YoWA.
- YoThemes Store. If you’re bored with the default interface of the official version of the app, the YoThemes Store will be your one-stop-shop so you could customize your interface. Install the YoWA mod, and you can choose from over 4000 themes from the store. What’s more, these themes are all free.
- Customize The Home and Conversation Screen. Tired of the same home screen? By installing this WhatsApp mod, you will have the liberty of changing the home and conversation screen however you like. Customize the screen by taking control of various elements such as tab color, text, background, and many others.
Home Screen Mods
Looking for more tools to change your WhatsApp interface? Here’s more!
- Contact Online Notifier. Waiting for that important message or video call? With this feature, you will be notified when your contact goes online.
- Change the text size of the Home Screen. Text size too small or too big? This feature lets you change the text size on your main screen.
- Set your name on the app home screen. Customize the app’s main screen so that it shows your name and status on the home screen.
- Hide Chats Divider. Get rid of those chat dividers! This feature hides those chat dividers to give your chatbox a unique look.
The things you can do with YoWA is limitless. Check out these other features.
- Change Launcher Icons. Want a unique WhatsApp launch? With YoWA, you can change the launcher icon. No need to install a third-party icon app for this one.
- App Language. YoWA has over ten different languages that you can choose from. This includes Hindi, Spanish, German, Italian, Turkish, and so much more.
- Close the conversation screen by swiping left. Close your conversation screen by simply swiping left. No need to reach out to the back button located on the upper part of the screen. Use the feature to navigate through the app easier and faster.
- Conversation Cards. Whenever you’re chatting with a friend, and you press the recent message button, all your chats will become a card. This feature runs on devices with Android 5.0 and higher.
- Enable/Disable message counter from launcher or home screen. Sometimes, notifications badge icons could be distracting, especially if you’re preoccupied with work. This feature lets you disable it to keep you from distraction.
- Disable Audio Playing Notification in Status Bar. On the official WhatsApp, a notification pops up whenever you want to play an audio file or voice message. This feature lets you disable the notification by going to the YoWA settings.
Conversation Screen Mods
The mods features also give you the options to make changes to your conversation screen.
- Set custom Wallpaper per contact. Say goodbye to the dull and boring chatbox background. The mod enables you to set a unique wallpaper for each of your chats.
- Hide Date and Time when copying messages. Remove these unnecessary details when you’re copying messages. With this feature, you are left with the text that you want to copy
- Hide Contact Profile Picture. You can activate this feature if you do not want to see the photos of your contacts. Only the names will be displayed on your chats.
- Hide Contact Name and Call Button. If you’re more comfortable with seeing just the photos of your contacts, then you can activate this feature. This is the opposite of the previous one mentioned above.
Other Exciting Features of YoWhatsApp
If you think that’s all there is to YoWA, we’re not done yet. There are more exciting features that you can enjoy.
- Send Videos Up to 700 MBs. Other messaging apps put a cap on file sizes. Send large and high-quality video files through YoWA up to 700MB per video file.
- Send Images In Full Resolution. While it’s better than other messaging apps, the original WhatsApp still compresses images, affecting their resolution. With YoWA, you can send high-quality photos because it preserves the original resolution.
- Send More Than 10 Images Simultaneously. Cut the time of sending multiple photos. The mod lets you send ten images simultaneously.
- Built-in Whatsapp locker. Keep your messages safe from prying eyes by activating the mod’s built-in locker.
YoWhatsApp is one of many WhatsApp mods out there. Because of this, you cannot download it via the Play Store or any app distribution service. You can get the updated version via YoWhatsApp (YoWA) .
YoWhatsApp is a mod that possesses added features compared to the original messaging app. YoWA adds customization options of all sorts to make the app more exciting for users, such as wallpapers, themes, fonts, and many more.
Anyone can find a reason to enjoy WhatsApp mods like YoWA. While preserving the functionalities of the original app, YoWA makes it more exciting by adding customization options.
What do you think of YoWhatsApp, and what are your experiences with using it? Let us know in the comment section below.